Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Riposte

Anonymous said...
for all of the cooler bands that I've seen you name-check on this site- example Love, Seeds, et all from the article below- I am surprised that you haven't gotten into better music. To fully appreciate sixties culture as more than just a fashion interest you should really immerse yourself in it. Take a cue and expand your tastes a little farther than 90's radio rock and "Greatest Hits of The Sixties" cds. These embarrassing lists are out of tune with the rest of your blog.


Dear Anonymous Blogger,

In response to your absolutely absurd comment regarding my knowledge of the 60’s (which you clearly know nothing about), I am laughing at the comment you made since we do not know each other. To acknowledge your first question, all the music and or bands that I mention on my blog are music that I listen to (why else would I write about them?). This mix was just one of light relief. We all have music for different occasions. My list only included a few songs from the 90s, and what can I say I'm a California girl and I grew up listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers...This playlist is a silly, happy, breezy playlist for the summer. Music is a personal choice and everyone is entitled to listen to whatever they feel like. I love music, and anyone who has met me knows. Don't you think with all the research I do for this blog that I wouldn't know about music? Believe me I am immersed in the sixties. I have read many books and articles, I have visited a lot of the places I write about, and I have taken actual courses in college on the history and roots of Rock n’ Roll, Jazz, and Classical Music. I listen to a variety of music; I even considered becoming a Music History major. Maybe, it is you who should be more open minded about music, instead of berating me about my musical tastes and compromising the integrity of my blog. Would you have preferred my playlist if I had only mentioned pretentiously obscure music that no one has heard about? There is nothing wrong with liking classic hits-they were hits for a reason (meaning they are usually good songs). I also want to respond to your statement regarding my interest in the sixties solely being about fashion. If it were there is nothing wrong with that but, for me I think it’s apparent that I care about every aspect of the era. I have written about historical locations, music, art, culture, movements, photography, writers, books, cinema, and fashion.

I hate being confrontational and I try not to let negative comments bother me but, this was just a bit out of line. The overall comment is painting me as a poser, who doesn’t know what she’s talking about. It’s very upsetting because I care a lot about what I do, I take this seriously and spend lots of time researching and scanning images for my posts. I am sorry for rambling; I just had to let this out. I don’t mean to disrespect anyone with this. I really appreciate everyone who reads this blog and I want to thank you for all your support. I am working on a post as we speak and it should be up later today or tomorrow.