Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Ali Cap

Every girl in America wanted to look like Ali MacGraw after she appeared (painted) on the cover of Time Magazine wearing a ribboned choker at her throat. Her too-thick eyebrows and crooked front tooth, with just slightly wide nostrils was refreshing, and Ali’s loveliness was not hindered by its imperfections. She was a master of incorporating trends with classic styles embodying the early 70s Bohemian-meets-American-Prep style. She popularized knit hats and they eventually became known as “Ali Caps.” MacGraw's assessment of her own looks: "I never got a sense of beauty in me. What I might have is style".

Jean Shrimpton said: "It was her job to get the clothes together (Ali was photographer Mel Sokolsky's stylist) and she was very good at decorating the sets. Anything she did, she did well. She was shrewd and stylish."
Shrimpton goes on to say that "She had a confidence never to wear makeup-many times when she was dressing me for a session I had thought: 'Crumbs, this girl looks better than I do.'"

(scans by me from: Time Magazine, Screen Stories Magazine, Vogue Magazine, InStyle Magazine, Women's Wear Daily, People Magazine, Conde Nast, Mel Sokolsky, TFS, I Love Your Style)