Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Leghila - Pop up store

Hi guys,

I hope you all have been well. Yesterday, we had a beautiful day in London, it was nice and warm, so I went down the shops and as I going down Portobello Road, I came across a new pop up shop. How exciting I thought at first, some cool and colourful Birkin bags made of neoprene. How fun!
In fact all the stuff there is made of neoprene. If you not very familiar with fabrics, neoprene it is used in a wide variety of applications, such as laptop sleeves, orthopedic braces and mostly commonly on wetsuits. (I've had a bikini with neoprene panels once!)

Anyways, neoprene offers a big variety of colours, which they have made into loads of different bag styles. There are some laptop cases, which are very useful but I the star of the show, would be the Birkin bag.


I have already posted on the blog about Birkin bags look-a-likes. First I came across the jersey bag, which was being made in Brazil, then later I blogged about the Thursday/Friday canvas style, from America.
I have no problems with look-a-likes whatsoever. In fact, I quite like the idea of transforming an iconic bag, into something else. It's all about the fun, the creativity and also the budget.

The budget.
When I got into the pop up store to have a closer look, I was very curious to find out how much the Birkin style or B-bag, as they are called, would be? My jaw just dropped when the sales assistant told me they were £250 and they are machine washable, she added.
Perplexed, I left the shop thinking that was a total joke! How can a neoprene bag, cost so much? At £250, I couldn't care less if they went on the washing machine or not.



I had to pay visit the website of Italian brand Leghila and I was surprised to find out that you could buy the bag cheaper from there.



I think the bags are cool, I just saw a really nice one with studs on the website, which I really liked but the price is too high, puts me off. I know I'll never be able to buy a real Birkin but in order for me to buy a styled one, I would have to be seduced by the price, which would have to be much cheaper. This always seems to be the case with the look-a-likes, they want them to be as 'it' as the real bags, but if prices are not accessible they will never be.

See you soon.
x