Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Love my old skirt - Aka my new top!

Hello my lovelies,



Today's post is an outfit with a little story to tell...



Every now and then, I have a huge tidy up on my wardrobe. See, I carefully choose the word 'tidy' and not 'clean'(for much of my boyfriend's despair) because I am a big hoarder.



What a girl to do?

Can't bare to chuck it... you must recycle it!



pretty portobello

( My new invented top! An easy and cheerful DIY!)




Anyways, the real story starts about 15 years ago when I bought this sarong style skirt at the Opera Rock in Sao Paulo. I totally adored and loved it back then. I wore it quite few times but I always had a problem with it...a big one. It used to slide off completely, quietly and totally unnoticed and leaving me very exposed as I walked down the road!



Eventually, I gave up on it. Totally abandoned it and left it behind in Brazil ages ago.



( An old picture...The skirt, originally as it was back in 97!)

pretty portobello



Oh well, last year when I was back in Brazil....



My mum, also a (organized) hoarder made me try a few bits which were still there...



Of course, I rejected the majority of them (the skirt included) and much to my surprise when opening my suitcase back at home in London, guess what? The skirt and other bits were greeting me as soon as I opened my suitcase, I soon found few sneaky items that somehow had made their way in. Mum? Hummmm!?!?!



What do do? (AGAIN) Let's turn it into a top! I think this is a much nicer and hassle free way to re-invent this garment.



pretty portobello

( The skirt has a new life as top in 2009, over ten years on but still rocking!)



westwood shoes

I decided to brighten up with some red details on my shoes, bag and necklace.



Jeans: Topshop, Cardigan: Xmas present, Necklace: Selfmade, Bag: Coccinelle, Shoes: Vivienne Westwood.



So what do you think of this recycled DIY top?

Honest opinions, please!



See you soon.

x